I have been an editor and writer for most of my career. I have published two books, produced a variety of videos, and written thousands of stories, of all sorts, for newspapers, magazines, and the web.
- Director of IT Communications and Marketing at Rutgers University, where I’ve worked in a variety of communications roles for the central university administration
- Produced and wrote most of the scripts for Our Revolutionary Spirit, a short film for Rutgers’ 250th anniversary featuring Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Author of Create Great iPhone Photos (No Starch Press, 2011) and 50 Fun Ways to Internet (Career Press, 1995 and 1998)
- Technology columnist for the Star-Ledger for 20 years
- Freelance work in the New York Times, Newsday, P.O.V., Rutgers Magazine, The MotherHood, Wired News, Worth, and many other newspapers, magazines, and literary publications
- Fellowship from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts for fiction writing
- Interviewed about technology topics on various television and radio programs, including NBC’s “Early Today,” C-SPAN’s “Washington Journal,” and NPR’s “All Things Considered”
I received a master’s degree from the graduate writing program at Syracuse University and a bachelor’s degree from Wesleyan University.